Unity: Who We Are
Unity is a positive, peaceful path for spiritual living. We offer spiritual teachings and programs that empower a life of meaning, purpose and abundance in all good things. We take a practical, progressive approach to Christianity and seek to discover the “universal” spiritual truths that apply to any and all religions. Truth is, after all, truth and so it is equally relevant no matter the religion.
- God is the one presence and power in the universe, and the evil that occurs is not due to the presence of another power called Satan, but rather because of our own misguided, unenlightened thoughts and beliefs.
- God has created each human being with a divine essence or, as we say in Unity, with a “christed” nature. We are not born with original sin, but, quite the contrary, with original blessing.
- It is the content of our thoughts that determines the outcomes in our lives. Whatever we hold in our minds as being true, whatever we mentally focus upon, tends to come into being. Heaven and hell are not places we go to, but rather states of consciousness we live from.
- Prayer and meditation are the primary ways for us to directly connect with our God and our sacred self. Each person’s experience of God is unique to who they are as an individual.
- Our spiritual evolution can only happen if we are willing to “put feet” on our prayers and get out into the world living the truth that we know. It is our sacred responsibility, individually and collectively, to make a positive difference through personal example and active service in our churches, our communities, and our world.